Friday, January 11, 2008

This is actually happening

After well over a year of dreaming, the day has come. Orientation is over. My bags are packed. The bus leaves in less than an hour. I'm trying not to think too far ahead right now otherwise I'll be overwhelmed I'm sure. This is so exciting!

These last days at EMU have been wonderful! Sitting and talking with friends, going shopping together, playing card games with my family and friends that practically are family, getting a crash course in world travel, practicing and participating in fictional cultures, singing, everything has been amazing! Sure, I'll miss EMU, but there are far greater things out there this semester!

So, as always I'd appreciate prayer and messages. I'll check my email and Facebook when I can and respond when I can. I can't give guarantees but I expect to post here more often than responding to other communications. So my advice would be to post comments here! Thanks to those that already have!

Oh, also I think I'll keep a list of songs that are stuck in my head just for fun!
"When God Ran" Phillips, Craig & Dean

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're off. We're following you with the paper. Keep singing. Who knows, you may become a worship leader after EMU days!

Love you bunches!

Jessica Ponders said...

Maa Saalame! You should know what that means shortly =-)
I'm so pumped in a selfish way that i'll be able to talk to you about the middle east and you understand more when you get back and in an unselfish way knowing you're going into something you never have before. I'm also jealouss- i've never been to Egypt, you'll have to let me know what you think! much love~ Jess

Anonymous said...

everyone was asking about you at Beldor today--and they were all duly impressed when I said you were in Egypt right now. :)
we celebrated Evelyn's 90th birthday today with a meal and cake. it was a surprise for her, and her reaction was so sweet!
i had to sing loudly all the way there and back, since it was just me--but that was actually pretty fun, too. so--even though i miss you a lot, i think it looks like i'll make it through the semester. ;)
love ya, brother!

Post a Comment