Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cairo

So, turns out I'm in Cairo, who knew? I'm having a night on the town with Josh and Daniel Akers! We walked for a while after a 30 minutes metro ride, caught a truck/bus to a location slightly closer to Josh's flat then walked the rest of the way. It certainly has been an adventure! Daniel and I will be going back to the hotel without Josh which will be a must greater adventure. Josh's Arabic has been amazingly helpful!

Today we saw the famous sights of Cairo: Plenty of pyramids and heiroglyphics (including a trip inside a pyramid) [Darrel: I really wanted to climb the great pyramid because it's totally possible, but Greta told me not to.], a carpect school [Rachel: sorry to say their weaving is a bit more complex than yours.], a paprus art place, a statue of Ramses II the size of a bus, and too much more to mention! It has been incredible!!

The story on me involves a severe lack of luggage. One bag was missing when we arrived in Cairo and guess whose it was? It's no problem though. Actually in many ways I've enjoyed it!

Alright, time to head back to the hotel!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of adventure. I remember all those things! I'll have to get out my old pictures to see them again. Hope you told Josh HI for us. People have been asking about you. I tell them you are having a great time. :)

Anonymous said...

psh. you only say that because you haven't seen my most recent weaving project.
:D

Anonymous said...

Greta was probably right. Too bad. I already have stories to tell you, but you're not here. Hopefully I'll remember all of mine because I know you'll remember yours.

Jessica Ponders said...

What you have to do is find one of those Egyptian guide guys and pay them a bribe to help you sneak up the pyramid at night- i'm sure you could outrun the security guards! =-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your having an amazing time! I second Jess's comment:) Continue to keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

EMU canceled classes in the middle of the day today, which pretty much never happens--and you missed it! You're also missing the SNOW. There's actually a lot of it, and it's still coming. Whoo!
And you're probably riding camels in the desert or something. Weird. That's really hard to imagine right now . . .

Anonymous said...

you should have climbed the pyramid....but I guess you have to leave something for next time :)....sounds like you're having a blast! Say hi to Jenny for me....

Joanna said...

Hey Daniel, thanks for posting this blog, I really enjoy reading it. You sound like you are having a blast, seeing other places is amazing!
Have a blessed next few months!

Post a Comment