Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Take that, world!

A little glimpse into my life:

Several years ago (Sunday, May 27, 2007 to be exact) I was sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast before church. That time would have been incomplete and likely unsatisfactory without some ridiculously good reading material known to most as the Sunday comics. I've always enjoyed reading the comics, especially on Sundays, but there are few strips (if any) I enjoy more than Baby Blues. I can't pinpoint exactly what I appreciated about it, but if I was running late for church I'd still make sure to read that one.

Well, on that Sunday morning before church in May as I was eating breakfast and reading the comics I decided to cut out the Baby Blues strip. I still have it. It hung in my room at home and then in several dorm rooms at college. It's not currently hanging anywhere and is just sitting in a box, but I know exactly where it is. I was thinking of that strip today and I hope more and more that my life can emulate what it portrays.

I can't figure out how to get the picture any larger (if you click on it it'll get a little bigger), but here it is. Better yet, follow this link and enjoy more Baby Blues brilliance! Just don't waste your whole day that way.










You can barely tell, but Daryl's eyes are looking up in the last frame. Without that detail this strip doesn't quite do it for me.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment