Thursday, May 21, 2009

I drove on a road that doesn't form perfect squares today

I'm sitting here in West Union Mennonite Church in south east Iowa at my own desk in my own office. I was contemplating stopping for lunch and decided to write up a tiny little blog post of things I've been reading/thinking about:

- Michael Quoist, Prayers for Life: “I like [children] because they are still growing, they are still improving. They are on the road, they are on their way. But with grown-ups there is nothing to expect any more. They will no longer grow, no longer improve. They have come to a full stop. It is disastrous—grown-ups think they have arrived.”
- only a fool would choose a profession in the church if the goal were to become rich
- become socially insignificant to care for the socially neglected
- in his later years, John Wesley developed the habit and inner clock to pause for the first five minutes of each hour to examine the hour past

One thing seems certain, I will not ever have a justifiable reason to say that I am bored this summer. I do, though, have plenty of reason to say that I miss people and camp and real hills and trees and roads that aren't squared.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Those square roads help you not get lost. I always did miss the trees though.

Post a Comment